CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Update on my Son

As some of you may know, my son Ryan has had a rough few months. He just turned 2 on the 19th of this month.

Well we took our family trip to Disney and Alabama in July. We returned mid July had a few good weeks when on the 7th of August he had two Grand mal seizures. At this time he was admitted to the PICU. PICU-stands for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. He underwent many tests. All of which came back good. He then began taking phenobarbital and was doing well for a few days until he had an allergic reaction to the meds. The neurologist said that at that time he was going to discontinue any use of antiseizure meds cause he thought that the seizures were caused from a virus. So everything seemed to be doing good until the 18th the night before his second birthday when he again had a seizure. He is now back on meds and seems to be doing pretty good. He did have a minor set back on the 26th when he had three non convulsive seizures that would have been full blown seizures if it wasn't for the fact that he is on new meds. I have one of the greatest neurologist working with him. They have also begun doing lymphoma and leukemia tests due to the enlarged lymph nodes. I will try and keep things current and posted on my blog regarding the updates.

His sleeping schedule is all messed up but overall he is improving and that is the most important thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I don't need to remind you that my thoughts are always with Ryan and you during this difficult time.

Head Cookie said...

You are so right I know they are and thank you so much. Hugs to you