CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Benefits of Girls Night Outs


Wow what a great time I had last night. First time in a long time that I got to get out with friends without kids go figure lol. One of the girls that came is a great friend of mine but I haven't gotten to see her in six years I believe was the last time we got together. We have managed to stay in contact via email everyday for the last two years just haven't had any down time between the two of us. Anyways there were four of us all total last night.

Our night started out at a local bead shop where we all made some cute things. I made a necklace from some beads and a main pendant piece that my youngest daughter had picked out for my special night out. It actually came out quite nice when all completed. I added the crystals to each side of the main pendant piece and crimped the sides so that the beads would not be free to move around and then I added my clasp which was sterling with a cute heart shape. My friend from high school made a great chunky pendant out of turquoise and black spacer beads it came out very nice for a first piece. Then one of the other girls made a very nice black beaded stretchy bracelet which was great. The last friend made something a little more intricate lol and wow it came out so nice. She made a three stranded variated bead necklace in sterling with the prettiest gray beads absolutely awesome. Good job to all of us.

I think we laughed so hard we nearly peed our pants talking about high school days, delivery stories of our children, and just life in general.

I think every one should be entitled to their girls or guys night out. The benefits are just so awesome. I mean the stress I had built up just out of daily stuff and work and what have you just to be able to get out not worry and take our times and converse with other adults was wonderful. I came home feeling like a weight had been lifted. I have already got plans for next months GNO and it will be rock climbing. I am afraid of heights but I am sure this will be an experience we all won't forget.

*The above pic is of the necklace I made very simple but it was fun* PLEASE CONTINUE DOWN 2 POSTS FOR MY 55

4 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

I have been doing "girls night out" for 25 years with the same girls. We used to go once a week to McDonald's or a similar place so our kids could play while we ate.

Our children are grown now, our lives have changed so sometimes it is less often, but still regular. It is worth the effort to maintain the friendships and take the time to get together.

One of the blessings God has given me - my girl friends.

PG

Head Cookie said...

Amen to that. We all need time with our friends.

the walking man said...

The cool thing about girls night out for me is guy night in.

KB said...

I'm craving a girls night out. Invite me next time :)