CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Seeing the World











A couple of summers ago the kids and I decided that throughout the summer we would pick a country, or a state whatever our hearts desired and that would be where we would travel. When I say travel not physically but we would live it up as if we had been there. Finding out as much info as possible and then trying a signature dish from that specific place. Well some of the kids were just too small to help with all the research and the older kids didn't think it was fair to get stuck with all the research work. Well fast forward to the summer of 2009 where everyone can read and write with the exception of one who will be 3 in a few more weeks, everyone is excited. Well today at lunch time I put 12 pieces of paper folded up. The places were Hawaii, Egypt, or Alaska. Well after everyone took their picks and gave me the papers still folded I opened each of them up and put them down accordingly. Three went into the pile of Egypt one in Alaska. So needless to say Egypt won, and our research has begun. I will be sure to post some interesting info here as well as pics from when we have our Egyptian meal can't wait. So off to the pyramids we go on the backs of our camels. Bon voyage and we will keep you posted when we return.
*The pics are the Lotus which is Egypt's flower, the arabian camel, and two pics of the pyramids*

3 comments:

Nessa said...

This is such a great idea. My sixth grade teacher had us do this (and there was no internet back then.0

But I had loads of fun with this. can't wait to see yours.

the walking man said...

Now that is some plane riding I can get behind. I love research! You and the kids have a great trip and bring me back one of those T shirts that say..."My friends went to Egypt and all I got..."

Bon Voyage!

Head Cookie said...

Nessa-thanks for checking it out will be posting more stuff after our camel rides through the desert lol.

Walking man-we just picked up your t-shirt and we hope you follow our adventures lol.