CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Sunday Scribblings prompt *For Richer or Poorer*

When I first saw this prompt I really didn't quite know which way I wanted to approach this. But by golly I think I got it now lol.

I am richer for knowing the things I do, I am richer for having been lucky enough to meet some really wonderful people.

I am poorer for not knowing all that I probably could, I am poorer for having met some really ignorant people and not being able to make them see things in a better light.

I am richer for having a loving family, I am richer to be greeted with their smiles, love and laughter.

I am poorer for not having all the family members I began my life with due to illnesses or just because they lived a full life and it was their time. I am poorer for knowing that some people don't have love, laughter, or smiles in their life instead they are always full of anger, frustration and hurt.

I am richer to have things that some people can only dream to have, I am richer for just loving life.

I am poorer for not being able to give all that I have to those that are less fortunate, although I do donate to charitable organizations and participate in walks and fundraiser it still isn't enough. I am poorer knowing that my love of life is something that someone else is missing out on.

I am richer for knowing that maybe some day my wishes for happiness, and good health to all will some day come true.

I am poorer for knowing that my wish for happiness and good health to all is simply a wish.

I am richer just for being me.

7 comments:

Shadow said...

and i'm richer for having read this. talk about gratitude. lovely!

Unknown said...

You have made me richer for sharing with me.

"Sunshine" said...

Great take on the prompt! I hadn't even considered that angle.

Thanks so much for the encouraging comment. I appreciate it very much.

Andy Sewina said...

Looks like you can't have the one without the other, but I think you're doing okay!
Good write...

Anonymous said...

You nailed it! Really it's all about gratitude. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

I agree with you, "I am poorer for not being able to give all that I have to those that are less fortunate" I too wish I could do more than I currently do... I always feel like it's never enough.

KB said...

Wish I'd thought of this. I had no ideas on how to tackle the prompt. Great job.