CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Sundays Scribbling Prompt *Pilgrimage*

If I took a journey
to end up on my knees
to say a prayer in your honor

Would you see me?
Would you hear my pleas?

To see you one more time,
to hear your voice, to get a hug
or to hear another story that had
been told already once too many.

To hear you laugh
to take away your pain.

To let you know
you are thought about each and everyday.

You will never be forgotten
You are and will forever be in my heart
I miss you every day

Some days are harder than others
some days just make me smile
perhaps a tear or two just because
it would be better if you were here

To know you could talk to me
you could argue with me
you could joke with me
or even tell me what a pain
in the ass I am

I miss you and to you dad this is
my pilgrimage to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this one. It choked me up and made me think of my dad and how much I am going to miss him.

Anonymous said...

This is SO moving. A truly lovely piece.