CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Carbs no more! Say what?

Yep again I am on that kick of let me cut out all the bad carbs. Ofcourse the bad carbs only are contained in the good foods and drinks lol. Anyways I have again given up the breads, chocolate, chips, pasta, and soft drinks. So the only carbs I am getting is in my veggies.

How long will I do this? God only knows. I have an upopened bag of Ruffles Sourcream and cheddar chips sitting on top of the fridge. I can hear them screaming my name. I have so far today had the urge to steer clear. We have looked at each other in passing but ahhhh god give me the strength.

I am hoping to do it for atleast three weeks. As everyone should know by now a total carb free diet is not a good idea for any real long length of time. So I think three weeks is fair and then the main thing will be to consume things in moderation, and pretty much not incorporate soft drinks into the equation again.

I will keep everyone posted on how I am doing maybe every couple of days. In the meantime I am on a roll today so I will share with you my lunch time recipe.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In the meantime get out skillet and put about two tablespoons of vegetable oil into it so it can start getting hot.

To the skillet add some salt and pepper
add dill weed dry or fresh
add some paprika
add a little bit of garlic salt let that all get hot together

Now you will need a zucchini and a yellow squash cut this up to bite size pieces. Cut about a quarter of an onion and dice that into small pieces as well. Dice up about two tablespoons worth of mushrooms.

Once the oil is good and hot add the onions let them sweat it out for about three minutes by themselves stir once during that time. When the three minutes is up add the rest of the veggies to the skillet and stir occasionally until tender. Once they are to the desired tenderness you like turn the burner off and you will need to transfer the veggies into a baking pan. You will add a little more salt and pepper. Then take about a half a cup of shredded monterey jack cheese and half a cup of pepperjack cheese shredded and put that on top of the veggies in baking dish. Place in oven for about 12 minutes. Yumalicious enjoy.

5 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, that's so true, a total carb free diet can make you lose a lot of weight fast but you soon put it all back on and more. I'm doing the same thing right now and my line is; lose the weight first then go on the diet. I've been reading a bit about the Hay's Diet and am thinking of sending off for a cookbook, I don't know if you know anything about it?
Anyway, stop looking at those sour cream and chedder chips, you know what they say, a moment on the lips...

Steve said...

OK!
You're hired!

Shadow said...

carb free? me? no no way. i tend to cut out protein and lose weight that way... i can't imagine a day without carbs and cheese... now go put those chips in the cupboard where you can't see them!!!!!

p.s. your lunch sounds delicious!

Head Cookie said...

Sweettalkingguy, Thanks for visiting my blog. Also thanks for introducing me to the Hay's diet I will do some research on that cause I have not heard of that one so thank you for that.

Steve you crack me up I thought I was already hired no matter what I said lol.

Shadow believe it or not the chips the full unopened bag still remains on the fridge constantly screaming my name but I managed through a full day of no carbs except what is in my veggies and that does not allow rice or potatoes since I have excluded those for these three weeks as well. So I am doing it. As far as cutting protein I can not do that cause I am a vegetarian. So cutting protein is really not an option. Dairy is allowed on a no carb diet especially cheese.

Anonymous said...

I admire your self restraint. Mind you, with a meal like that who needs chips?