CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Holiday Times Yet Again

Once again all the stores are alive with the feeling of the approaching holidays. With the country in an economic crunch, how do you feel this year about the holidays? Are you still anxiously awaiting them and really not thinking much about the economic situation, or are you dreading them?

On another note once again we are approaching Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any fave all time special dish they just can't do the holiday without? For some reason I can't seem to give up the Greenbean casserole. I know some years it is a smash and some years people say I am so bored of that. For some reason if its not on the table just seems like something is missing to me. So share with me your fave dish and a recipe if you could.

Now for Black Friday, what is your predicition? This is a mandatory day off for me every year. I would work Thanksgiving to get black friday off. Okay my predicition is this, due to the economic situation I firmly believe that the sales are going to be terrible, we aren't going to see the bargains we have in the past, and I truly think that although there will be all sorts of people out and about trying to get that one hot item, there won't be enough of the things that will sell in stock and the things that not everyone wants will be fully stocked. I think the stores will see that what there anticipating for sales is going to be very disappointing. I noticed even for Halloween the cutbacks in our area. Where people used to go all out with decorations and lights there were hardly any this year. I see different decorations set up for Thanksgiving but again I am not seeing a lot of people rushing out to get anything. So we will see share with me your prediction for black friday.

0 comments: